[Advaita-l] अनिर्वचनीया ख्याति anirvacaniiyaa khyaati post-Shankara origin?

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 10:36:10 EST 2021

Namaste Raghav ji

In the ArambhaNAdhikaraNam, the bhAmatikAra famously clarifies what
ananyatvam between the kArya and kAraNa means. And what is that ananyatvam?
It is not identity, rather it is a denial of difference - न
खल्वनन्यत्वमित्यभेदं ब्रूमः, किन्तु भेदं व्यासेधामः.

However, even in denying difference, some difference is accepted. How so ?
Because it is an anirvachanIya difference.
नच मृदः शरावादयो भिद्यन्ते, न चाभिन्नाः, न वा भिन्नाभिन्नाः
किन्त्वनिर्वचनीया एव ।

The bhAmati sentence above gives the specific example of the pot and clay
to address your question below.

In Advaita Siddhi this is referred to as - अभेदे कार्यकारणभावव्याहत्या
कथंचिदपि भेदस्यावश्याभ्युपेयत्वात्.

In fact by the hetu of amshitva, the anirvachanIyatva of the  kArya is
established.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021, 11:05 Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l, <