[Advaita-l] Commentary on Ramana's Forty Verses

H S Chandramouli hschandramouli at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 03:05:12 EDT 2021

Namaste.

Reg  << Yes I think it is pretty clear that the "institution" of sannyasa
(with
danda, kesari clothes etc.) is not a hard requirement. But the physical
renunciation of material goods and values is required for moksha wouldn't
you agree?  >>,

No no. My own personal understanding is that according to Sri Bhagavatpada,
Ashrama sanyAsa is mandatory for jnAna. In my earlier post, I only wanted
to pointout that there are other views as well amongst  current day
advaitins.

Regards

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 12:18 PM Jaldhar H. Vyas via Advaita-l <