[Advaita-l] Lakshmana Sarma's ocmmentary on Ulladu Narpadu

S Venkatraman svenkat52 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 14:51:19 EDT 2021

Thank you very much Venkat ji. I was only looking for the title of the book and you went ahead and gave me that as well as the source from which I can get the same. I shall certainly get the book.

While I am very familiar with Tamil, I find classical Tamil of the type used in Ulladu Narpadu difficult to follow. So I take recourse to the Sanskrit Version wherever one is available because I am more comfortable with Sanskrit. Thankfully the Sanskrit Version of Ulladu narpadu is available as sat Darshanam with Ulladu Narpadu being the original. I don’t know if you have noticed there are slight variations in details of the Sanskrit version from the Tamil Ulladu Narpadu though the overall sense is the same. Since the Tamil version is Bhagavan’s own composition, in this case I would like to struggle a bit with Tamil and rely on the Tamil Ulladu Narpadu.

I believe Lakshmana Sarma’s commentary on this work is available in Tamil as well. You have any idea which one is the original - the Tamil version or the English one the link for which you have sent to me.

Many thanks once gain and regards,
Venkat