[Advaita-l] On Ramana

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 12:25:06 EDT 2021

Venkatraghavanji- PraNAms

Firstthanks for the relevant post in view of the current discussion on BhagavanRamana Maharshi.

A word ofcaution, though.

1. Whileanubhava is important from the individual point, it is not anubhave of triadtype.

2.Experience of others cannot be validated nor dismissed as it is subjective.

3. Henceit follows that to follow a teacher based on his personal anubhava alone willrequire lot of faith.

4. HenceShankara defines the faith or shraddhaa

shaastrayaguruvaakyasya satya budhyaavadharaNa - Faith is that the scripture statementsas interpreted by teacher are indeed true.

5. Hencethe scriptures declare - tat vijnaartham sa gurum eva abhigacchet samitpaaNiH, shrotriyam brahmanishTam - He should be Shrotriya.

6.Bhagavan's Ramana Maharshi's texts Upadesha saara and Sat Darshanam are in tunewith Vedanta. Only one has to be careful in explaining the slokas like

maanasantukim maargane kRite, naiva maanasam

Hari Om!

Sadananda