[Advaita-l] Perception in lightning

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Sun May 9 09:23:34 EDT 2021

Hari Om Chandramouli ji,

It will still be unable to explain subsequent perceptions. Let me explain:-

Suppose a sound source of adequate intensity produces sound 3.4 km away. It
can be experimentally demonstrated that it will take 10 sec to be
perceived. Now let there be two observers a and b. A is near the source
while b is 3.4 km away. (In an obstruction free space a large clock can
also be placed). Sound produced is of different frequencies. Both a and b
are noting down the frequencies and time. Suppose sound of frequency x is
produced at 10 am. So a will write x--10 am while b will write x--10.00.10.
Now at 10.05 suppose sound of frequency y is produced. Then a will write
y--10.05. But b will write y--10.05.10. But by this time, mind is already
there with shrotra. (3.4 km is a very short distance. Many a times it will
be within range of visibility also). So subsequent perceptions should match
for observers a and b. But this does not happen. So, Mind+shrotra going out
will not be able to explain the differing perception in case of subsequent
perception when m+s is supposedly already there at vishaya.

Regards.