[Advaita-l] Saukhyopadeśa-prārthanā

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 21:06:26 EST 2021

Saukhyopadeśa-prārthanā is a lovely Stotram composed by Śrī Jñānānanda
Bhāratī Swāmigaḹ and was published in the Journal of Sri Sankaragurukulam,
Srirangam.

The word Saukhyopadeśa-prārthanā means Prayer for Upadeśa that leads to
Sukha (mokṣa). The last pāda of each śloka says:
श्रीमँल्लोकगुरो मदीयमनसः सौख्योपदेशं कुरु ॥
Translation:
O venerable Jagadguru! Please give instruction to my mind to attain sukha
(Eternal Bliss).
>From the way the Stotra has been composed we can infer that the author has
written it as a Stotra addressing his Spiritual Master, Jagadguru
Śaṅkarācārya Śrī Candraśekhara Bhāratī Mahāswāmigaḹ under whose lotus feet
he had the rare fortune of studying the Vedānta.

Each verse is written in a simple and easy to understand Sanskrit language,
and is filled with a lot of Vedāntic wisdom obtained through gurukatākṣa,
adhyayanam, and practical realization.

https://youtu.be/4HJPAmFWQy0