[Advaita-l] adhikAra - veda - vedAnta, a query

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 06:22:53 EDT 2021

Namaste sir.
No its not allowed. Vedic recitation and inquiry into vedanta shouldn't be
done without the adhikara. This is one aspect common in all schools of
vedanta.
But narayana is atyant dayalu isn't he? That's why the gita which is
essence of the upanishads,has been given to us. For this there isn't a
restriction of adhikara.
The recitation of lords name can be done by all. As its popularly stated,
the merit attained through recitation of veda can be achieved through the
rememberance of hari(sarva vedeshu yat punyam.....).
The puranas also have no restriction.
Vidyatirtha swamin has clearly stated that the shastras shouldn't be
changed for our comfort or liking. And hence recitation or even hearing of
vedas shouldn't be done without adhikara.

On Fri, 1 Oct, 2021, 2:45 pm Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l, <