[Advaita-l] Inward and outward contemplation

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachi-powergrids.com
Wed Sep 8 05:53:22 EDT 2021

praNAms Sri Ven Balakrishnan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

If you read the SSSS quote carefully:

>  Okay let us see once again what you have quoted as the words of Sri SSS :

//quote //
"It is evident that the mind which is included in the objective kshetra, can never be an immediate means of knowing the real Knower
//unquote//

> If the above is giving you the impression like below :

you can see that he is dismissing the experience of duality for a jnani.

>  I am really failed to understand 'how'!!??  manObuddyahankAra is kshetra only it is quite evident in geeta as declared by lord.  And shruti too says aprApya manasa saha.  And bhAshyakAra advises us we need the karaNa-s like shAstra, AchArya upadesha and saMskrutam manaH for Atma darshana.  In this scenario, our conditioned or diluted mind can never be the immediate means of knowing the real knower.  But, how this observation can lead us to the conclusion that Sri SSS is dismissing the experience of duality for the jnAni!!??  Am I missing something here prabhuji??  Kindly elaborate.  Further kindly quote in which context Sri SSS making the above stamen and from which work of Sri SSS you picked this sentence.

>  Just FYI, I am a zealous follower of Sri SSS though some of the tradionalists  labelled him as asaMpradAyavAdi 😊

And likewise he is dismisising Samadhi or avid lesha as relevant for a jnani;

> kindly tell me what is your stand on this??  Do you agree that the paramArtha jnAni who realized that he was / is / will ever be brahman would carry the avidyA lesha even after paramArtha jnana ??

as if someone comes out of samadhi to see multiplicity again, then it is “because of the non-sublation of mithyajnana”.

>  Mere experiencing the samAdhi by regulating the mind and keeping it in an inert state would not fetch us the jnana hence bhAshyakAra asserts that the experiencers of both sushupti and samAdhi comeback with same ajnAna.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar