[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Evidence to hold the Panchapadika to have been a larger text

Raghav Kumar raghavkumar72 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 22:08:06 EDT 2021

Namaste Subbu ji

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 at 5:15 pm, V Subrahmanian<v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote:   https://www.centreforbrahmavidya.org/acharyas/dr-mani-dravid-sastri/brahma-sutra-bhashya-0184-sutra-01-03-17.html?filter=dr-mani-dravid-sastri%27s-brahma-sutra--bhashya-classes--adhyaya-1-pada--3&back=/acharyas/sri-shankara-bhagavatpada.html

.
It is evident that the Sri Vachaspati Misra (Bhamati) (10th century CE) and Sri Amalananda (Kalpataru) (13th Century) have seen the stated larger text of the Panchapadika. It could be inferred that the loss of the portions beyond what we have today must have happened post 13th Century.
Om Tat Sat

Thank you and Sri Venkatraghavan ji for collating this information from Sri Mani Dravida Sastriji's lecture.
We all know about the tragic genocide that befell the Indic civilization in the 13th century CE. So its quite plausible the pancapAdikA text was lost beyond the five sutras after the invasion of India given the widespread destruction of traditional libraries etc.
Om
Raghav