[Advaita-l] Mrutha Sanjeevani Homam

Crbala Subramanian crbsram at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 15:43:22 EDT 2021

Raam Raam
Don't know about Mrutha Sanjeevani homam, but Shanthi Kusumakaram and
Shanthi Ratnakaram describe the vidhana of Maha Mrityunjaya homam
prescribed by Bodhayana Maharishi and Saunaka Maharishi.
These are performed to ward off any ill effects on health.
To ensure that this homam to be fruitful, sampradayaika veda vidvans
follows chanting of Gayatri MAntra japa.

Like for an example if the vidvans or griha acharya say that homa ahuti of
1000 to be done then
People who are coming for that homa including the grihasta will perform
1008 japa of Gayatri and
1000 japa of mantra that will be recited for the homa with proper sankalpa
and then the homa is
conducted.

Thanks
Raam Raam

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 12:49 AM Ramani Balasubramanian via Advaita-l <