[Advaita-l] Valimiki RAMAYANA

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Sat Apr 9 08:52:56 EDT 2022

Dear Members,                                On the Ocassion of Chitra Shukla Navami, Tomarrow (10/4/22) (Rama Navami), we all going to celebrate the Sita Rama Kalyana Mahostava. I worked out two points to discuss out of my inner research activity.
The First one is regarding the Birds : Krauncha Pakshis who born together,  lives together and dies one for the anothesituation was narrated by sage valmiki when one was shotdown by the hunter. More details can be found in this link from IITKanpur.

https://www.valmiki.iitk.ac.in/sloka?field_kanda_tid=1&language=ro&field_sarga_value=2
1." Valmiki goes to river Tamasa for morning ablutions -- He sees a male krauncha being shot down by a hunter -- expresses the reflection of a female companion's sorrow in his experience in the form of a sloka in metrical form -- Lord Brahma appears at the hermitage -- directs him to compose the great poem in the same metre describing the story of Rama as related by Narada -- grants him the power of clairvoyance"
2. The other one which I found interesting to me was Rama's confrontation before going to exile: when sumnatra, the charioter request rama to persue his father i.e Dasaratha to think twice before he leaves to forest, Rama Scolds sumantra That not to come in between to do his duty which is order by the king dasaradha. That means Rama convay here the message that one should differentiate the king & father. King i.e Raja is first to take care of the land activities. Father is something your personal which is in between you & him. No more people are involved here. Although this hard core decission made to become dasaratha to be like a store which made the pathway to death. However descission is decission whicn one has to take in the interest of people.
Learned members are requested to comment or contribute their views towards my topic of discussion.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana MastuKameswara