[Advaita-l] Parmana

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:32:35 EDT 2022

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 9:40 PM Anand N via Advaita-l <

> Namaste,
>
> When we talk about the 6 Pramanas, where do emotions like love, anger or
> sensations like hunger, thirst etc land?
> Are they in the category of Pratyaksha?
> Are they Aparoksha?
> Can someone please elaborate more on this.

Yes, they are pratyaksha, aparoksha for the one who has them and paroksha,
anumeya, for others (others, from the body language, etc. of X infer these
in him)

Here is a Vivekachudamani verse:
बन्धो मोक्षस्य तृप्तिश्च चिन्तारोग्यक्षुधादयः ।
स्वेनैव वेद्या यज्ज्ञानं परेषामानुमानिकम् ॥ ४७६ ॥
475. Bondage, liberation, satisfaction, anxiety, recovery from illness,
hunger and other such things are known only to the man concerned, and
knowledge of these to others is a mere inference.

regards
subbu