[Advaita-l] The Gross body and punishment at Naraka

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Tue Apr 26 22:12:36 EDT 2022

28 Punishments for OUR SINS as per GARUDA PURANA by Pravin Agrawal
Here is the Link from Speaking Tree Article:
https://www.speakingtree.in/allslides/28-punishments-for-our-sins-garuda-purana

    On Tuesday, 26 April, 2022, 04:14:43 pm IST, KAMESWARARAO MULA <kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

 After death physical body will be cremated / buried, sUkshma shareera will carry the
 karma phala.  Now in hell which body undergoes punishment??
Dear Sir,                   Although Subramanian Sir's answered the question up to some extent, I will try to rephrase like this:
In one of the earlier writeup's of King's stroy, I mentioned about different phases of karma.The  karma (first wife), deeds will  travel with you over several lifetimes. There is no escape & Difficult to conquer. It is what we do that determines what we get. They deserve your greatest attention.

Most people live like the king in the story, loving their four wives in the same descending order from four to one as above. While it is necessary to take care of wealth, family and body too, we remain accountable for our own actions and responsible for the consequences thereof. When good karma is your benchmark and the basis of your living, you experience peace naturally. A healthy body, a fit one, is worth working towards because only when you are physically fit, can you take care of yourself and your responsibilities more abruptly. As they say in the safety demo on an airplane, in case of an emergency, first put on the oxygen mask yourself before helping the child next to you.
Then answering the question: after the cremation/buried, as you said the sukshma sarira will cary the karma phala and it doesn't stop there. The Naraka / Swarga will deside on the account balance remained of the good actions vs bad karmic transactions. First It takes its astral journey to get rid of that remaning balanced karma phala (if it good ramined - then swarga & If bad ramined- then naraka) inorder to complete the remaining balance.

Regarding Punishment or Bhoga in Naraka or swarga depends on the Audited account sheet of the Chitra gupta whihc is put up to Lord Yama as a part of his duty. Obviously, If the balance is in negative, & more strengthed than the normal duties, punishments are deside by Yama as Raurava, Kumbhipaka, Krimibhojana ...., what not everything like you mentioed the frying pans as per Garuda Purana. It has all the list of activites vs negative actions.
I will conclude this with the concurrance of the subbu sir says that the jiva (sukshma sharira), after leaving this body, is something like one in murcha.  It is carried to its destined loka by the astral guards or duty officers of the dikpalakas to complete the remaining karma by getting another physical outer cover so that remaining account balance will becomes ZERO (Nullified). This is called Null Hypothesis in Mathematics or Karma Siddanta or Siddanta Rahasya for which Swamiji wrote a wonderfull book which I will be sending you in due course of time.

Take a simple example of Jatayu in the Ramayana: After his death, Rama put the dead body on the funeral pyre with lakshmana's help and did the pinda dana with some animal (forest deer) meat  there by separting the sthula sarira(gross body) from the Sukshma sarira which might have carried the karma phala of Jatayu being Narayan Swarapua. However, he might not have immeidately liberated. As at the Ocean Crossing to Lanka, The brother of Jatayu i.e Sampathi came to know that jatayu has passed away from hanuman and wept for some time at Hindu ocean. So Jatayu will be liberated after Sampathis passing only.
What I want to put a point here is , ALTHOUGH our karmic load may be reaching to its null, it not so easy to get liberation immediately after it even reaching the zero balance. I mean, all our kamic relatives i.e Blood realtions, brothers, sister, cousins, mamas, sons, daughters, what your name are all have to be completed their karmic load as we are all connected in some or the other manner which we dont know and Liberation happens on any final day in split second after net account balance zero only. I might have puzzeled my words, but this is what I wanted to convay. Take only the essence of my hypothesis not the words.

Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu

Kameswara

listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org