[Advaita-l] Fwd: Laudable achievement: He got the first prize in the Panchadashi exam.

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 03:29:27 EDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 12:58 PM
Subject: Laudable achievement: He got the first prize in the Panchadashi
exam.
To: Advaitin <advaitin at googlegroups.com>

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1204150120415578&id=100024618048199

On Chaitra Krishnasthami (April 24), the Akhilabharatiya Shalaka Pariksha
was organised by Sanskrit Bharati (Kashi). I participated in the Vedanta
subject (first three prakaranas of Vidyaranyamuni’s Panchadashi) and got
the first prize. Prof Vashishtha Tripathi was the chief guest.

The Sanskrit commentary of Ramakrishna was very helpful in the preparation.
In the entire Panchadashi, there is one cryptic verse (1.50) which is the
most difficult one to understand. And interestingly, the examiners asked
the same at the very beginning of the second round. For this, I had taken
help from many people and teachers, especially from Dr Tulasi Kumar Joshi
acharya ji. And thanks to the Internet, we have access to the recorded
lectures of many scholars and acharyas. It helped a lot in clearing many
doubts.

See photos in Advaitin google groups.