[Advaita-l] vedAnta mahAvAkya - A query

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 04:20:28 EDT 2022

Namaste

Krishna says Dharma aviruddhah Kamo Asmi. Kama within the boundaries of
Dharma is allowed. If a married person has no children he may have desire
and may go for Putra Kameshti or some rituals for getting a child because
that is not against Dharma. Aputrasya Gatir Nasti.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 12:50 PM Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com>
wrote:

> praNAms
>
> Hare Krishna
>

> I said “those who want to do” kAmya karma-s shAstra would instruct them to
> do so. And shAstra vAkya (vidhi para) is the pramANa.   Here context is
> whether shAstra is the pramANa for vidhi-s or prohibitions or not!!??  Not
> what advaitins are supposed to do or not to do. BTW,  I am afraid most of
> us even though socalled Advaita vedAntins rigorously engaged ourselves in
> kAmya karma and karma bhrashta as well.  My praNAms to exceptions.
>

> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
>

> bhaskar

-Venkatesh