[Advaita-l] Chandana Charchita Nila Kalebara

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Wed Aug 24 11:53:40 EDT 2022

A Sanskrit Ashtapadi, Chandana Charchita by Sri Jayadeva in 3 Charanas is provided below

Sangeeta Sudha

|  |
Sangeeta Sudha

The Word Nila Kalebara literally means the Lord  having  the Blue coloured skin, i.e Nila Megha Shyama.
Kalebara some times denotes the animal skin, we too observed gods/godesses/ God messengers wearing the animal skin in the olden day as the scriptures also mentions the same.
During the janev samskar, the Vatuka wears the skin of deer, i.e Krishna jeenabaram  (krishna jin ka) , which is tide with the danda (ashwattha stick , peepal vruksha) . It denotes the sattivaka drusti for entering into brahmmacharya. The dwija from then onwards starts his eyes twinking just like a Hiran/deer into the worldly matter untill then balyavasta
Where as we too obeserved some peetadhipathi's /mutt pontiffs using Tiger skin as their asana in some discourse or in their asrams. It denotes the steadyness, single minded focus on the target issue.
Jayadeva mentions in his astapadi as Krishna wearing the sandalwood paste with blue coloured skin. It also says Krishan appears in different forms for different gopika's that mean Lord is not having any body conciousness by which he clearly convays the message that if you over come the body conciouness , you can move in any forms.
He appears to all gopika's in the forms that the gopikas were imagining in their mind.
Lord has transcended all the chakra's there by comming out in any form to please his all sakhis/disciples.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu