[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Bhagavati Uma in Advaita ~ A Tattvika Insight

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 19:31:53 EST 2022

Dear Subbuji,

Lot of things about Devi worship is given little weight in the Advaiata
sampradaya, due to ignorance of historical facts as well as due to jealousy
towards the Kanchi Kamakoti math. After completing his last bhashya on the
Lalita Trishati, Adi Shakara installed Shri Prithvidhara as the
mathadhipati of the Shringeri math and  he shifted to Kanchipuram to spend
his last days at the feet of Mother Lallta. In Kanchipuram, Adi Shankara
found a very promising  young boy, whom he started training up towards
making him the mathadhipati of the Kanchi Kamakoti math. Before taking his
samadhi, Adi Shankara called Shri Sureshvaracharya to come from Dwarka to
Kanchipuram to look after  the  young prospective mathadhipati. Later on
Shri Prithvidhrara requested Shri Sureshvaracharya to relieve him from his
duties in Shringeri, in order to enable him (Shri Prithvidhara) to be at
the feet of mother Lalita in Kanchipuram. Shri Sureshvaraharya installed
the young boy as the mathadhipati of the Kanchi Kamakoti math and he
shifted to the Shringeri Math.

Regards,
Sunil KB