[Advaita-l] Doubt

Kartik Vashishta kartik.unix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 02:08:07 EST 2022

OM
OM NAMAH SIVANANDAYA

Revered Self,

Sadar Pranam,

I wish you comfort and peace. I wish you all a very happy new year.

I have a doubt regarding the "self".

Please help clarify this doubt.

I think, that by the the grace of Guru, I understand that the "self" is in
everything, in every subject and also in every object. I am trying to
understand how it is the  ONE self that is in adibhauta/adiyatma/adidaiva.

My logic(probably twisted) seems to suggest that I have a self and every
other entity has a self, this self is not only inside me....nor is it only
inside a particle of sand or an atom or an ant. I seem to think that every
entity has/is a self and this self is different from everyone else's self.

How to understand and imbibe that there is, in fact, just ONE self? And
that, that self is Brahman...

If you suggest readings, please suggest English texts. Thank you.

Pranam,

OM
Kartik Vashishta
OM