[Advaita-l] Binary nature of Jnana

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 04:39:16 EDT 2022

On Sun, Jul 3, 2022 at 1:06 PM Anand N via Advaita-l <

> The period where there are no more doubts (Manana is complete) and one is
> not yet a jnani,

I urge you to kindly spend some time in thinking about the implications of
such a statement. How can one have no doubts after manana and have no
jnAna? If there is no jnAna, how can manana be complete. If one has jnAna,
how can one not be a jnAnI?

> one thinks and reminds oneself of the teaching as applying
> to himself.

That is manana, not nididhyAsana please!

> That way Nididhyasana has this aspect of making the shastric knowledge
> one’s own truth also in its purview.

Again, as above.

The definition of nididhyAsana is:
ताभ्यां निर्विचिकित्सेऽर्थे चेतसः स्थापितस्य यत्।
एकतानत्वमेतद्धि निदिध्यासनमुच्यते ॥

Finally, I'd like to draw attention of others also on this thread that
before nididhyAsana, if one is to be said to be an ajnAnI, what it would
amount to mean is that nididhyAsana results in jnAna! Then, we won't have
any argument with Yogis who may say that samAdhi leads to jnAna.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */