[Advaita-l] Binary nature of Jnana

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 04:14:52 EDT 2022

Dear Bhaskar ji

The questions that you have raised can be answered thus: The Jnani who is
said to take various births in order to exhaust his extraordinary punya
prarabdha could be likened to Bhagwan Krishna, say in the Gita. Krishna who
is himself an Advaita Jnani is here seeing so many jivas and giving
guidance. So this kalpanaa is not in contradiction to his Advaita jnana of
paramarthika abheda, while the bheda is vyavaharika, mithya. In this way we
can say that the status of the Adhikarika Purusha in the  Brahma Sutra,
which has a basis in Mahabharata for example, in the case of Sage
Apantaratamas who was instructed by Vishnu to take the role of Veda
Vyasa. Again it is like the life the Jivanmukta experiences, exhausting the
prarabdha  karna before shedding the body.  He has the abheda jnana but the
body continues to live in the (pancha) bheda yukta prapancha (which Advaita
no doubt admits in the vyavaharika) which he definitely sees as mithya.
nava dvaare purey dehi naiva kurvan, na kaarayan..

regards
subbu

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 1:09 PM Bhaskar YR via Advaita-l <