[Advaita-l] Binary nature of Jnana

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 10:45:00 EDT 2022

Namaste Raghavji,

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 5:58 PM Raghav Kumar Dwivedula via Advaita-l <

> I could not catch every word due to accent and audio constraints.

Yes, many recordings have a low audio quality, esp the old ones where
someone sitting somewhere would record on some device. And it takes a while
to tune into the accent.

> UpAsana can lead to videhakaivalyam. (Did he mean krama mukti?)

Yes.

> Did he refer to the possibility of shravaNa-manana done in an earlier life
> spontaneously giving sadyomukti in another life? (Because in such a case
> the sAdhaka like vAmadeva would not necessarily recollect all the shravaNa
> words heard in the earlier life.)

The Mahamandaleshvara didn't talk about it in this context, but elsewhere.
Here, he mentioned that manana is not smaraNa. Nonetheless, in Vamadeva's
case, I suppose it is agreeable to both of us that only pratibandhanivRtti
was pending, which can accomplished by garbhanivAsabhoga itself.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */