[Advaita-l] Panchayatana Puja mentioned in Shiva Puranam

KAMESWARARAO MULA kamesh_ccmb at yahoo.co.in
Mon May 2 18:43:38 EDT 2022

PANCHAYATANA PUJA:
                                                                 Generally we called it as Devata archana like you mentioned worshipping of Lord in the forms of LINGA along with GANESHA (In the form of Red Stone), SUN, CHANDRA (Stones), VISHNU (Salagrama sila), Mother Godess (Sri Chakra)
YES, it is true that this is the ancient much before Shanakara's period or it may be belongs to Tretayuga Kal.
Only Certian Rules & Procedures are there to keep the Panchayatana (Devata Archana/ ViesyaDevam) that Daily you have to wash all the gods/godess, do the abhishegam, APPLY sandalwood paste , cover with Bilva/Tulasi/Flowers , finally offering the Naivedya as Prasadam.
This has to be strictly applied even some one is in Journey also or out of station.
In any un-avoidable circumstances, one can skip the abhishga/archana , but washing of all gods/godess is complusory there by putting the box in bilva lea
During the Asoucha period, the job can be replaceRCUM/can be done by any of friends/neighbours.
ONE SHOULDN'T LEAVE THE DEVATARCHANA BOX UNATTENDED ON ANY SINGLE DAY IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
I saw people carrying with them even in their journeys/yatras. Exemptions can only be in the emergency cases or deaths of the nearest members of the family. If some one is doing aparakrama, then he can leave the devatarchana unattended. (This is the only exemption for any worshipper).
Any one can includes "Nityaagni Hotra" along with the devatarchana.
one can chant srisukta, purusha sukta, rudra namaka, chamaka while bathing the stones.
We used to have all these things & perform at our ancestroal House and due to kterioali prabhava & busy schedules of our modern life, our cultures are getting deteriated.
Even I fear that the future generations may not know these terms/names/modes of worshipping as many peoples most of the TIME was pre-occupied by all social networking activities (fb/whatsapp/instagram/emails/websites/computers/electronic medias).
All the activities are to be learned or taught from  Guru Mukhata  and I warn the seekers not to perform anything on their own without any guidance from fathers/fore fathers/Gurus/elders of the family members.
You never know that any single mistake may results in any adverse effects.
Sri Guru Padaravindarpana Mastu
Kameswara