[Advaita-l] Paul Hacker on Avidya in Brahma Sutras

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Mon May 16 00:20:00 EDT 2022

Namaste

Prof. Neil Dalal - student of Sri Swami Dayanandaji wrote the Stanford
> article. One of the common criticisms of Vedanta is elitism - authority
> based on credentials rather than truth value per se.

That is because the shastras describe a lot of necessities for one to have
the adhikara to attain knowledge. Its not something made up by us, rather
the scriptures talk about it. And hence when an opinion is taken in
consideration, it's quite important to know wether it is from someone
inside the sampradaya because the sampradayas consist of a unbroken chain
of knowledge.