[Advaita-l] Confusion about free will.

Vishesh Bhat visheshlives at gmail.com
Thu May 19 00:47:39 EDT 2022

Thank you Sri Kaushikji and Anandji for your answers. The insights of the
Swami are quite lucid and clear.

But one question still remains, why then do we pray to the Almighty for
deliverance from pain and misery? Is such an act merely for mental strength
and our own superficial comfort? There also seem to be quite a few
instances of great devotees overcoming bad fates. If God is merely the
dispenser of fruits, then what is the truth value of these stories of
Bhakti?

I can sort of see the value in rituals as being means to eradicate our
'rina or debt' to nature which we incur on a daily basis. But what about
Bhakti? I apologise if this seems to be an illposed question.

Regards,
Vishesh

On Thu, 19 May 2022, 09:28 Anand N via Advaita-l, <