[Advaita-l] Paul Hacker on Avidya in Brahma Sutras

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 02:12:43 EDT 2022

Namaste

There are two objections raised by SSS and others not accepting Mula Avidya.

One- There is no cause for Adhyasa and it is the same as Avidya.

Two, Avidya is not Bhava Rupa.

Both objections are baseless. Mula Avidya Vadins are in agreement with
Sankara Bhashya. Bhava Rupa means only Vyavaharika.

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 11:13 AM Venkatraghavan S via Advaita-l <

-Venkatesh