[Advaita-l] Paul Hacker on Avidya in Brahma Sutras

Kuntimaddi Sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 13:30:52 EDT 2022

Venkaraman - PraNAms
You have two definitions for Brahman - parallel construction with each one corresponding to the other.
Sat chit ananda is brahman
Satyam jnaanam anantam brahma
I think Shankara uses the anantatvam to show that Sat and chit are not attributes as they are description of the infiniteness.
He simple says - anantatvaat, if I remember.
I think Goudpaada argues that perceptability, utility, tansactability do not establish the reality in the Vaitatya prakarana. What establishes is nityatvam - that applies since it is anantatvam. That is an indirect argument.
Not sure if I have answered your question. Of course from the logic point anantam eva anandam since any limitations cause unhappiness.
Hari Om!
Sadananda