[Advaita-l] How does Brahman witness everything?

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:25:15 EDT 2022

In continuation, to respect/ validate the laukika example usage in the
tradition, one can use literal laukika meanings of sAkShya the witnessed
and sAkShI the witness, only to explain what is the Vedanta perspective
there. To be honest, even I have used the law example in teaching, but only
to explain that sAkShI is never part of sAkShya; one witnessing a crime can
never be faulted for flaws on the part of the criminals witnessed. That is
all that the example should be limited to. All the worldly examples are
also valid as tools to deepen one's understanding of Vedanta or teaching
tools, _as long as they do not compromise the advaita tattva_.

gurupAdukAbhyAm,
--Praveen R. Bhat
That, owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */