[Advaita-l] Guidance on Srishti

Kaushik Chevendra chevendrakaushik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 22:29:12 EST 2022

Namaste.
The general idea which all the puranas and ithihasa contain is that, from
shriman narayana, prajapati brahma originates. This is there in most of the
puranas and is based on Shruthi vakya of purusha suktam and taitreya
aranyaka.
>From brahma orginate various other rishis as well as rudra deva. This is
present in various puranas and is based on Shruthi vakya of sathapatha
brahmana. But the "birth" of bagavan rudra is like vamana being born to
Kashyapa maharishi as the bagavtham states.
In the mandukya upanishad the gross body is a modification of virat and the
subtle body is the modification of brahma.

With regards to various stories and creation concepts shri abhinava
vidyatirtha swamin has explained that these are only relative, and the
shrusti is mithya.

On Wed, 16 Nov, 2022, 1:34 am Manas Bharadwaaj via Advaita-l, <