[Advaita-l] Important guidance on terminology

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 01:02:56 EST 2022

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 1:32 AM Manas Bharadwaaj via Advaita-l <

> Dear Members,
>
> I require guidance on these following terms and the differences between
> them from our important pramanas (Sruthi and Bhashya preferably).
>
> 1. Bhu Loka
> 2. Bhu Mandala

Both mean the same - the entire world, just one of the 14 lokas in the
Brahmanda. For instance Rama, even though Ayodhyadhipati, is also regarded
as samasta bhUmandala adhipati.

> 3. Saptha Mandala  - There is a Sapta-rishi-mandala.  A constellation.
>

> 4. Jagath
> 5. Prapancham

Jagat and Prapancha both mean - the world. The entire created universe.

We do not need pramana for these usages.

regards
subbu