[Advaita-l] [advaitin] Asked of Chatgpt: "Are there any definitions or descriptions that depict a positive ignorance in Sankara's commentary on the Brahma Sutras or classic 10 Upanishads whether in context or otherwise?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Wed Jul 3 06:38:18 EDT 2024

- Shankara does describe the nature of ignorance as leading to false knowledge or erroneous perceptions (e.g., mistaking the body for the self). This false knowledge is a result of adhyasa.

praNAms Sri MCC prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Here after reading this statement, //this false knowledge is a result of adhyAsa//!!  I remember objection by Sri Venkatraghavan prabhuji, he asked whether adhyAsa leads to adhyAsa, is this what bhAshyakAra saying according to Sri SSS ??  I reckon this statement needs little more elaboration coz. we agree that false knowledge is itself adhyAsa (misconception) saying this misconception (false knowledge) is a result of adhyAsa (misconception/false knowledge) looks little absurd and having the punarukti dOsha.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar