[Advaita-l] Brahman being object of chAkshusha-prataykasha

Sudhanshu Shekhar sudhanshu.iitk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 07:00:05 EDT 2024

Hari Om,

When we say "pot is", it is accepted that is-ness seen in pot is not a
feature of pot, but of Brahman.

If we close our eyes, we cannot say - pot is - even if pot is before us.

This shows clearly that is-ness is an object of chAkshusha-pratyaksha.

However, this implies that Brahman is an object of chAkshusha-pratyaksha.

But then it militates against Brahman being aprameya and being beyond
chakshu etc.

What exactly is the siddhAnta here. Is shuddha-Brahman accepted to be an
object of chAkshusha-pratyaksha or is it pot-avachchhinna-chaitanya which
is the object of chAkshusha-pratyaksha?

Regards.
Sudhanshu Shekhar.