[Advaita-l] SAmAnya in world-Brahman adhyAsa

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at hitachienergy.com
Wed Jul 24 05:29:07 EDT 2024

So, what exactly would be sAmAnya in case of world-Brahman illusion

praNAms Sri Sudhanshu prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I know my answer is not palatable to you 😊 but I should say this :

The sAmAnya in both world and brahman is : is-ness.  Yes, brahman is always of an unchanging form (nirvikAri) and the jagat is always of a changing form (vikAri/vishesha).  The brahman is Chetana and the jagat is jada, an inert thing etc.  From this what we can understand as 'sAmAnya' between  Chetana brahman and achetana jagat is : is-ness ( the Astitva).  One is kUtastha nitya another one is pariNAmi nitya and the common factor between these two is 'nitya'.  The is-ness of brahman that has followed in the jada jagat as well.  In sUtra bhAshya somewhere bhAshyakAra explains the is-ness of brahman which is followed in the AkAshAdi jagat as well and the svarUpa of brahman (is-ness) has followed in creation starting from sUkshma AkAsha to stUla shareera (gross body).  But I know you hold that the mAya is the atyanta abhAva likes hare's horn or vaNdyA putra so it is very difficult for you to reconcile the relation between brahman and world in this way.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar