[Advaita-l] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: [advaitin] Re: pratiyogI-jnAna being mandatory for abhAva-jnAna

Venkatraghavan S agnimile at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 22:30:40 EDT 2024

Namaste Ananta Chaitanya ji,

Re

> The pratiyogi of the context is made up of both
> the objects of units of knowledge. The abhAva expressing na~n is going with
> the vishiShTa along with the visheShaNa.

I don't think that is the case - the pratiyogi of the absence of hare's
horn is neither the hare nor the horn.

If A stands for hare and B stands for the horn, the hare's horn is not A∩B,
but an independent entity C, so ~C (the absence of C) is not dependent on
the knowledge of A and B.

Regards,
Venkatraghavan