[Chaturamnaya] Teachings on the Vijaya Yatra: Worship the Lord with the Body

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 18:52:17 CST 2013

http://vijayayatra.sringeri.net/erode-march-16-2012/

Erode: MARCH 16 – 17, 2012

Reaching Erode to a reverential welcome on 16th March evening,
Jagadguru Shankaracharya Sri Sri Bharati Tirtha Mahaswamiji
in His Anugraha Bhashanam mentioned the fundamental tenets of
Sanatana Dharma regarding the Almighty. The entire Universe
has been created by the Lord. It is He who sustains it.
It is He who dispenses the fruits of our actions. He accepts
offerings made with devotion and graces accordingly. Our life
must revolve around this faith.

Quoting the Upanishads – “त्वं जातो भवसि विश्वतोमुखः” –
the Jagadguru said that Our Sanatana Dharma clearly states
that there is one Lord who assumes various names and forms.
Never see differences in them. It is a great sin to ask
questions such as “Who is greater? Vishnu or Shiva?”.
Remember that Shiva, Vishnu, Amba, Ganapati, Murugan, Ayyappan
are all forms of the one Supreme Lord.

The Jagadguru said it is essential to direct the faculties of
one’s body towards God. Has not Bhagavatpada Shankaracharya said,

 सा रसना ते नयने तावेव करौ स एव कृतकृत्यः ।
 या ये यौ यो भर्गं वदतीक्षेते सदार्चतः स्मरति ॥

“Only that which sings the Lord’s glories can be called a tongue,
only those that relish on the Lord’s form can be called eyes,
only those that worship the Lord are hands, and only he who always
remembers Him can be said to have fulfillment in life.”
The Jagadguru said it is wrong to seek the Lord’s grace to
harm others. Even if you sit for 10 minutes in meditation,
prayer or japa, do that with full concentration.
Stay away from all disturbances during this time.
That includes switching off your mobile phones.

On the morning of 17th March, the Jagadguru had Darshan at the
temple of Sri Lakshmi Narayanar in Lakkapuram Puthur and paid a
visit to the temple’s Goshala. En route to Tiruppur from Erode,
the Jagadguru graced the Gomati mills firm and blessed the devotees.