Bhakthi, Karma and Jnana Yoga

VP Nandakumar nandav01 at M0E3S33.NMB.NORWEST.COM
Mon May 5 11:04:55 CDT 1997

        I've been thinking about what was said on Bhakthi Yoga, Karma Yoga and
Jnana Yoga. That one cannot attain Brahman, by practicing each alone, but should
practice all three.

        A true devotee such as Purandaradasa who truly loved God and devoted his
life to composing and singing his praises would have attained Brahman. His
Bhakti Yoga itself would have led him to both Krama and jnana.

        A true social worker, such as Mother Theresa, who practices Karma Yoga
by dedicating her life to help people in need without bothering about the fruits
of such actions could attain Brahman too, without practicing the other two. OK,
I agree that Mother Theresa is a Christian nun, but it's her service to the poor
and needy that distinguishes her.

        Finally, a jnani who realises Brahman thru knowledge, would definitely
thru his wisdom practice both of the above.