ADVAITA-L Digest - 4 May 1997 to 5 May 1997

Madhavan Srinivasan maadhavan at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 6 17:23:06 CDT 1997

>From @tamvm1.tamu.edu:owner-advaita-l at tamu.edu Mon May  5 18:44:10 1997
>Date:         Tue, 6 May 1997 09:40:39 +0800
>Sender:       "Advaita (non-duality) with reverence" <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
>From:         Srinivas Prasad <prasad at NSRC.NUS.SG>
>Subject:      Re: ADVAITA-L Digest - 4 May 1997 to 5 May 1997
>Comments: To: ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU
>To:           Multiple recipients of list ADVAITA-L <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
>              processor" at May 5, 97 12:00:27 pm
>

>> Date:    Mon, 5 May 1997 11:04:55 -0500
>> From:    VP Nandakumar <nandav01 at M0E3S33.NMB.NORWEST.COM>
>> Subject: Bhakthi, Karma and Jnana Yoga
>>
>>         I've been thinking about what was said on Bhakthi Yoga, Karma Yoga
and
>> Jnana Yoga. That one cannot attain Brahman, by practicing each alone, but
> should
>> practice all three.
>>

>   In all the three cases One is interlinked with the other. Bhakti can come
>  only by removing agnana. This leads to pure devotion, which will get
>  transformed in doing Nishkamakarma. At later stage one will attain
>   Jnana yoga by Sadhana. Just having Jnana with out Karma and Bhakti
>  is useless.

What? "Just having Jnana without Karma and Bhakti is useless"
What is the meaning of "Just having Jnana"?
The supreme goal of all the three yogas is "Jnana".
So, one can follow one of the three yogas to attain "Jnana".
Jnana Yoga is the direct approach to attain "Jnana" by removing the
agnana through enquiries.
Bhakthi and Karma Yogas are used to attain "Jnana" by removing the
agnana through Bhakthi and Karma.