VairAgyam

Vivek Anand Ganesan v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 22 13:55:54 CDT 1998

NamashkAr,
   I sincerely thank Shri Giri and ShrI Laura for their efforts in
anwering my previous question on the four-fold qualifications for
studying VedAnta.  I have some further questions on VairAgyam.

   I consulted the archives and learnt that this topic had been dealt
with before.  The consensus seems to have been that vairAgyam can be
cultivated as a Grihasthya.  If this is indeed true, how can I
accomplish this?  Specifically, would action that acknowledges Ishvar
as the supreme and dedicated to Ishvar ( in the spirit of "Sarvam
KrishnArpanam" ) cultivate VairAgyam?

Thank you very much,

-Vivek.

P.S. : I am not yet a Grihasthya.  So, advice about BrhmachArins would
also be very helpful.