Essence/Ramana

Harsha (Dr. Harsh K. Luthar) hluthar at BRYANT.EDU
Mon Feb 1 11:34:24 CST 1999

SRI RAMANA MAHARSHI ON THE ESSENCE OF NON-DUALITY

Discern at every step that I am whatever is beginningless, conscious,
unborn, primal, resident in the Heart-cavity, unsullied, and transcending
the world, whatever is pure, peerless, desireless, beyond sight or other
perceptions or even mental apprehension. Because we think we are in the body
we also believe that we are born. However, we do not think of the body, of
God, or of methods of realization in our deep slumber. Yet in our waking
state we hold onto the body and think we are in it. The Supreme Being is
that from which the body is born, in which it lives, and into which it
resolves. We, however, think that we reside within the body. Hence
instruction is given. The instruction means: "look within." Consciousness is
not born at any time; it remains eternal. But ego is born; so also the other
thoughts. Associated with the absolute consciousness they shine forth; not
otherwise. . . .Liberation is to know that you were not born. "Be still and
know that I am God."