[Advaita-l] FW: RE: [ambaa-L] VichAra-sAgaraM of NishchaladAsa -Information required

M. S. Ravisankar ravi at ambaa.org
Wed Dec 17 16:38:04 CST 2003

I did an cursory search on WorldCat (Catalog of many catalogs across the
world). I did not see any telugu or English translation of vrtti prabhakara.
But if my  keywords were wrong, for instance, it was vrutti (as typically
written in languages like telugu) I might have missed it. Especially, the
names get quite distorted when they standardize tamil words (as you can see
below - vichara saagaram becomes vicara cakaram).

But I found Tamil translations of both vichara saagara and vrttiprabhakara.
If anyone has university privileges they can get them delivered either as
Edocs or via ILL. BOth books are quite old and are available in microfilm in
Chicago. I am attaching both the records. I have a feeling the the tamil
translation of vichara sagara published in 1923 may the book referred by
bhagavaan Sri ramaNa maharishi (which Karthik referred).

vrtti prabhakara Record
------------------------

Catu Sri Niccalatasar avarkal iyarriyaruliya Sriviruttippirapakaram

                    Niscaladasa;  Ve Kuppusvamiraju
                    1901 Tamil  Book  :  Microform  xxx, 580 p. ; 21
                    cm. Mataras : Cai. Civacankaracettiyar,

                    Digest of the Advaita philosophy.

Title:              Catu Sri Niccalatasar avarkal iyarriyaruliya
                    Sriviruttippirapakaram
Author(s):          Niscaladasa, d. 1863. ; Kuppusvamiraju, Ve.
Publication:        Mataras : Cai. Civacankaracettiyar,
Year:               1901
Language:           Tamil; In Tamil.
Series:             Variation:          SAMP early 20th-century Indian
                    books project ;; item 40780.
Standard No:        LCCN:               97-907313
Abstract:           Digest of the Advaita philosophy.
SUBJECT(S)
Descriptor:         Advaita.
Note(s):            Reproduction:       Microfilm./ New Delhi :/
                    Library of Congress Office ;/ Chicago :/ Available from
Center for
                    Research Libraries,/ 1995./ On 1 microfilm reel with
other items ; 35
                    mm./ (SAMP early 20th-century Indian books project ;
item 40780)
Class Descriptors:   LC: Microfilm TNA-TAM-103 (B)
Other Titles:       Vrttiprabhakara. Tamil; Sriviruttippirapakaram
Responsibility:     Ve. Kuppusvamiraju avarkalal molipeyarkkappattatu.
Material Type:      Microform (mic)
Document Type:      Book
Entry:              19980226
Update:             20020715
Accession No:       OCLC:               38512795

vichara sagara record
----------------------

Sri Niccala Tacar iyarriya Vicara cakaram /

                    Niscaladasa;  Ponnampala Ñanatecikar.;
                    Kacikananta Ñanacariya., Swami.
                    1923 Tamil  Book xii, 411 p. ; 23 cm. Cennai :
                    Sanmuka Mutaliyar,

                    Treatise on the Advaita school of Hindu philosophy.
Title:              Sri Niccala Tacar iyarriya Vicara cakaram /
Author(s):          Niscaladasa, d. 1863. ; Ponnampala Ñanatecikar. ;
                    Kacikananta Ñanacariya.; Swami.
Publication:        Cennai : Sanmuka Mutaliyar,
Year:               1923
Language:           Tamil; In Tamil.
Abstract:           Treatise on the Advaita school of Hindu philosophy.
SUBJECT(S)
Descriptor:         Advaita.
Other Titles:       Vicarasagara. Tamil; Vicara cakaram
Responsibility:     Ponnampala Ñanatecikar avarkalalum, Kacikananta
                    Ñanacarya Cuvamikl avarkalalum Tamilil vacana vativamaka
                    molipeyarkkappattatu.
Document Type:      Book
Entry:              19991228
Update:             19991228
Accession No:       OCLC:               43103185
Database:           WorldCat

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:08:42

hariH Om !!

The Hindi books of Vichar Sagara and Vritti Prabhakara
are available at the following link:

http://www.khe-shri.com

I read some time ago in the writings of Swami
Tapovanam that he used to give discouses on Vritti
Prabhakara. I searched for the translation in English
or Telugu, but did not succeed. If any of you come
across a English or Telugu translation, please let me
know.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna