Celibacy

Mon Nov 25 10:56:47 CST 1996

----------
> From: Rushikesh K. Joshi <rushi at BRONTO.IITM.ERNET.IN>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADVAITA-L <ADVAITA-L at TAMU.EDU>
> Subject: Re: Re : Celibacy
> Date: Friday, November 22, 1996 11:52 PM
>
> Giri :
>
> > In fact, in an other mail, i mentioned that it is my opinion that one
> > should avoid anything (internet, tv, sex, onions..) which disturbs the
> > equanimity of the mind.
> >

> Namaskaar,
>
> Is there any problem in the Internet and in the Onion ?

Onions and garlic are forbidden by the shastras at least during Chaturmasa.
 Very strict people avoid them all year round.

As for the Internet, its' powers to disturb the mind should be
self-evident. :-)

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas [jaldhar at braincells.com]   And the men .-_|\ who hold
Consolidated Braincells Inc.                          /     \