Fwd: DEVI PEETAMS

Chelluri Nageswar Rao Chelluri at AOL.COM
Tue Sep 17 19:14:49 CDT 1996

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:   Chelluri_N_Rao_ at smtp.ncd.usace.army.mil
To:     chelluri at aol.com
Date: 96-09-17 12:11:41 EDT

                             Om  Namo Chamudeswari

     Namaste!

     There are 18 Devi Peetams known as Ashtadasa Peetalu.  I know the
     location of 16 of them.  The other two I am not able to locate.
     Request to notify if you know the location of the following two
     Devi Peetams.    1. Praduemna. Name of Devi: Shrungala Devi
     2. Mahur.  Name of Devi:   Akaveerika Devi

     Appreciate if you make contact of someone in India who knows the
     locations and pass on the information to me.

                          ASHTADASA PEETALU

     1. Sri Lnaka - Shankari Devi       2. Kanchipuram - Kamakshi
     3. Praduemna - Shringala Devi      4. Mysore - Chamundeswari
     5. Alampuram - Jogulamba           6. Srisailam - Bramarambhika
     7. Kolhapur - Mahalakshmi          8. Mahur - Akaveerika
     9. Ujjaini - Mahakali             10. Pitapuram - Puruhutika
     11.Jajpur - Girija Devi           12. Draksharam - Manikyamba
     13.Gauhati - Kamakhya             14. Prayaga - Madhaveswari
     15.Jwala - VaishnaviDevi          16. Gaya - Mangala Gowri
     17.Varanasi - Visalakshi          18. Srinagar - Saraswati Devi

     Regards                   Shubham               Nageswarrao