Fwd: DEVI PEETAMS

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at CCO.CALTECH.EDU
Tue Sep 17 19:51:28 CDT 1996

>      Request to notify if you know the location of the following two
>      Devi Peetams.    1. Praduemna. Name of Devi: Shrungala Devi
>      2. Mahur.  Name of Devi:   Akaveerika Devi

Mahur is close to Ahmednagar in Maharashtra, on the way to Nagpur, I
believe. It is also a Dattatreya Peetham. I have some information on how
to get there, which I can post later on.

By the way, there is a minor tradition that Adi Sankara spent his last
days at Mahur.

S. Vidyasankar