In search of truth

Srinivas Prasad prasad at NSRC.NUS.SG
Tue Apr 8 20:43:05 CDT 1997

 IN SEARCH Of TRUTH :

  Dear Friends

   Being NRI-Brahmin it is difficult to follow the traditions of Brahmin
   Rituals
   If some one is following strictly please pardon me. So the question
   arises for NRI brahmin's Is it possible to realise Bramhan Being in this
   mundane world For example Meeting The targets, Fighting for Promotion
   Project Deadline, Last But Not least US$$$$$$$$$  to name few.
   As the rule say To realise Bramhan I need to have constant Devotion
   Detachment from wordly affairs and to get  the real knoweledge of God
   ( Please Ref  A-dvaita & Dvaita Home page for  more Info.)
   Is it really possible being NRI ???? or Do I have to go back to India
   Sit some where in Rural Region and for a Big "TAPAS" ( Penance).

   I know atleast it is not possible with me so what options do we have
   or forget the Realization part of life. I heard  from elders that in this
   kaliyuga  we remember "NARAYANA" when ever we get time it is enough
   and it is superior to reading scripture, Vedas etc.....

   In that case I don't have to go through  brahmin rituals every day just
   remember lord "NARAYANA"'s name when ever I get time to relax.

   From  the above analysis Detachmant is Impossible for a NRI  brahmin
   ( Please  accept from bottom of your heart, can you live with out Honda
    Toyota Corola & US$ ??).
    Constant Devotion I vote 10% assuming every NRI  brahmin will
   remember Lord Narayana when he get the time. Last one The real knoweledge
   I am not in a Position to comment because I don't know what is the real
   Knoweledge, I have to read the "TATVA PRAKASH" , Bramha Sutra, upanishad
    Vedanta etc  and digest it to full extent.

   Now that Realization Of Bramhan Is ruled Out so what else can I do ???
   So now the question arises in each mind that AM I GOING Down in My Birth
   cycle because I am getting Attached to my Wordly matters and I am not
   Following the brahmin Rituals. So the above facts are about ME then what will
   happen If NRI brahmin has a Family. Let Us take an example of a Rich
   NRI  brahmin Doctor in US. This NRI brahmin Doctor making 500 K + and going
   back to India and seeking Tapas Is ruled out. Then Is it possible to
   For this NRI brahmin Docotor to realize Bramhan ???, YES and NO because
   If this NRI Treats the patient ( Low income group) and dedicate his
   servive to Lord NARAYANA. But How many of of them Can do I am not sure..

   Same thing is applicable to Engineers and other proffessional NRI's
   The purpose of taking Doctor as an example was it is easy to exaplain.
   So now is it possible for this NRI Proffessional To sit in a Air-Con
   room and realise bramhan ????.  Now comming to Kids section Why on earth
   I have to ask my kids to have Upanayanam are they comfortable with this
   ritual. Even if they accept it is because of the parents Force. The kid
   has never seen India and how can we expect the kid to know about and
   understand the Brahmin way of life. So if this kid is liking KFC ,
   MCDONALds I feel sorry for the NRI brahmin Parents and I don't blame the
   Kid. So This Bramhin way of life in NRI Family will Die after Ist
   generation. Because  we can't expect  IIend generation to follow
   these rituals strictly.

   Finally My 2 cents worth of summary of the above  topic is You can
   call it as fate or any thing " IF IT IS written that one has to Realize
   Bramhan" It will happen by itself by the grace of God.

    Any comments How ever Severe I am ready to take
    regards
    prasad