In search of truth

VP Nandakumar nandav01 at M0E3S33.NMB.NORWEST.COM
Thu Apr 10 11:34:55 CDT 1997

        The ultimate goal is the Truth. The search of iit, requires that we should be
 at our intellectual peak to achieve it. The daily
snanas, the meditation, the pujas, sandhyavandhnam are but means to keep our
mind clear and disciplined, for without it we can never achieve the goal.

        Living a luxurious life outside India, car and other comforts etc are
but superficial things and doesn't ensure happiness or peace, and if you're
really earnest about the search for the truth, these shouldn't be hard to give
up. It's a matter of priority and what you actually want. For by pursuing the
search you'll be enriching yourself in intellect rather than material.

        It's true that if you remain unmarried and celibate and take up
sanyasin, your soul would be strengthened and your search would be all the more
easier for the lack of responsiblities and a strong and developed mind. That
doesn't mean that it is not possible after marriage. The process might be
slower, for even during your married life if you develop the maturity and
sharpen your intellect by continuing the search, there will come a stage where
you will be able to let go of everything  (if you've no more duties pending) and
fully devote yourself to the search for the truth.

        And it's not necessary that you should go to the Himalayas to realize
Brahman, you could be in the middle of Africa, for it's that inside you (The
Athman) that you're trying to realize.

        I know it's easier said than done, but it's been done before and being
done to this very day!