New member introduction (fwd)

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram aum at UNIX.TAMU.EDU
Wed Apr 30 10:40:16 CDT 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:51:50 -0400
From: Jonathan Bricklin <brickmar at earthcom.net>
To: Ravi <aum at unix.tamu.edu>
Subject: Introduction

Hello, and thank you for this service.  I am trained in Western philosophy
and classical Greek.  My interest in advaitism, however, is most directly
related to my experience with Vipassana meditation.  I have been a member
of  the Insight Meditation Society in Barre Massachusetts since 1989.   For
the past five years I have been writing a book on the non-reality of free
will.  The book relies heavily on the writings of William James.  James is
considered one of the prime champions of free will, but I hope to have
demonstrated that what he wanted to believe about will is contradicted by
what he discovered through direct inquiry.

 If you would like more of an introduction,  please let me know.

Regards,

Jonathan Bricklin