advaitam and Kashmir shaivam

Gregory Goode goode at DPW.COM
Fri Aug 1 15:40:48 CDT 1997

At 02:52 PM 8/1/97 -0500, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian wrote:
>The problem is that you are trying to correlate what you see and what a
>GYAni sees.

Correlate?  Not I.  Mainly just quoting Ramana.

>RM was quite emphatic that he saw nothing other than
>brahman.

Agree.

>To questions like "How can he answer my questions in that
>case?" etc, people were told that it could not be answered since they
>were trying to see what would happen after "GYAna is obtained".

Yes, Ramana answered many questions in such a way, like "Obtain
GYAna, then ask."

>[...]Please read the "Talks with RM" where many people have asked
>the same questions as you have and RM has given clear answers.

Excuse me, I have asked no questions in this RM interchange, other than
bibliographical or linguistic questions.  Of course I have read Talks
(several of the quotes I gave a few days ago were from that volume),
which is the main reason I have not asked the same questions that
are asked there.

Yes I know that ajnanis cannot really discuss what jnanis see.  And jnana
won't be the outcome of any of this discussion, either!

--Greg