Osho

Mon Aug 18 01:25:31 CDT 1997

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Dennis Waite wrote:

> I do not wish to embark upon a 'yes he is', 'no he isn't' argument about
> Osho's worth.

Because you can't.

> Basically, I do not know what sort of a person he was.

If you don't know what kind of person someone is why treat them as some
kind of authority?  Also how come you don't know what kind of a person he
was?  If someone wrote 600 books and made videotapes and was all over the
media it should give some clues as to what kind of person they are.

> I was
> speaking to someone last week who claimed to know him in the latter part of
> his life and said he was being slowly poisoned by 'the doctor' for the last
> year or two of his life and this 'doctor' was probably in the pay of the
> CIA. Yes, it's sensational hearsay and can be given no real credence. But, I
> would argue, neither can Jaldhar's opinion. Does he have any genuine
> knowledge or is it merely negative hearsay rather than positive hearsay?

Do you really think some sinister force is out there manipulating the CIA,
the state of Oregon, the justice system, paying 751 people to fake
salmonella poisoning, and planting stories in the New York Times and other
media all over the world?  I thought Americans had a monopoly on paranoid
conspiracies. It's nice to see the English are catching up :-)

> All I know is that, for the past two or three years, I have been building up
> a reference list of pointers to useful explanations, stories, etc, from all
> the books I have read on all advaita-related topics so that, when I am
> presenting material to my group at the SES, I can supplement the material
> provided with additional readings. The numbers of references to material by
> Osho is very large, quite out of proportion to the number of books etc. I
> have read by him. This must count for something.

It may.  Who was doing the referencing?  Other cultists or people within
the advaita tradition?  That tradition is right out in the open so it
should be easy to correlate it to any persons thinking.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas [jaldhar at braincells.com]   And the men .-_|\ who hold
Consolidated Braincells Inc.                          /     \