Sannyasa

Gummuluru Murthy gmurthy at MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Fri Aug 22 10:15:59 CDT 1997

I agree with Shri Sadananda and Shri Vidyasankar that there is not much of
disagreement in the discussion, except in finer details. Points (from
either side) might have been put more emphatically than need to be,
particularly when we are dealing with interpretation and opinion rather
than a fact. If the tone of my writing was perceived by anyone to be
strong, my apologies. I hope we all have learned something from this
debate and let us move forward.

Regards
Gummuluru Murthy
Yadaa sarve pramucyante kaamaa ye'sya hr^di shritaah
atha martyo'mr^to bhavatyatra brahma samashnute   Katha Upanishhad II.3.14

When all the desires that dwell in the heart fall away, then the mortal
becomes immortal, and attains Brahman even here.