The Karmas and our destiny

Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam pkanagar at RSL.UKANS.EDU
Wed Jul 9 14:56:27 CDT 1997

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Sajdek wrote:

> But what about the beginning of the chain of karma, which is the most
> interesting question here?
> Paul S.

Namaste!

According to my Parama Guru, H.H. Sri Swami Sivanandaji, this question is
a transcendental question. Other transcendental questions include "How did
Avidya arise in us? Why did God embark on creation? Why does the
omnipotent Lord allow evil? Why did the formless assume forms?" The answer
to these questions can only be known by intuition and can never be known
by the intellect. The answer requires an understanding of the Cause of all
causes, the Subject of all objects. It cannot be known as object.  Swamiji
says that transcendental questions are similar to a small son asking his
dad how he was procreated. What can the dad say except tell his son that
he will understand when he gets older. Similarly we need to evolve to
Brahmanhood to know the answers to these questions.

Hari Om Tat Sat!

Pannir

  Pannirselvam Kanagaratnam
  E-mail: pkanagar at rsl.ukans.edu
  Homepage: http://www.rsl.ukans.edu/~pkanagar/
  Support the International Campaign to Ban Landmines
  http://www.vvaf.org/landmine/casualties.html