ADVAITA-L: venkat at ICA.NET requested to join (fwd)

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram aum at UNIX.TAMU.EDU
Tue Jul 22 12:51:26 CDT 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 12:19:41 -0400
From: venkat perugu <venkat at ica.net>
To: aum at unix.tamu.edu
Subject: Re: ADVAITA-L: venkat at ICA.NET requested to join

Namaste/VaNakkam, I thank you for your welcome message. A brief introduction
about myself. I am Shiva Viswanathan. I am 26 years and I live in Toronto
currently. I lived in the middle east (Bahrain) for about three years. I am
a software professional currently in between jobs.

I saw the Advaita home page when I was browsing the Sringeri Sharada Peetham
home page. I am a novice when it comes to the advaita. However I believe,
that this way of life would bring to an end all the confusions of my life in
the long run. Advaita, as I see it, is both a philosophy and a way of life.
To quote a sentence from an audio tape that I listen to (Talk on Bhaja
Govindam by the Chinmaya Mission), "Philosophy would have been a dreamers
fantasy if it did not supply each one with a practical program to apply".

I hope to "listen" and read about advaita and the great masters from people
who are living it daily. Basically, I wish to learn. The advaita-L, I hope,
would help in that.

Many thanks and best regards,
Shiva Viswanathan.